Don't miss our holiday offer - 20% OFF!
This General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Policy outlines how JWS.com.ng (“we,” “us,” or “our”) complies with the principles and requirements of the GDPR to protect the privacy and data rights of individuals, including our customers, website visitors, and employees.
Data Protection Principles
We adhere to the following GDPR principles:
- Lawfulness, Fairness, and Transparency: We process personal data lawfully, fairly, and transparently, ensuring that individuals understand how their data is used.
- Purpose Limitation: We collect and process personal data for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and do not process data in a way incompatible with these purposes.
- Data Minimization: We collect only the data that is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- Accuracy: We ensure that personal data is accurate and kept up to date. Inaccurate data will be rectified without undue delay.
- Storage Limitation: We retain personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Integrity and Confidentiality: We process personal data securely, ensuring appropriate security measures are in place to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Data Subject Rights
Under GDPR, individuals have the following rights regarding their personal data:
- Right to Access: Individuals have the right to request access to their personal data and information about how it is processed.
- Right to Rectification: Individuals can request the correction of inaccurate personal data.
- Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten): Individuals can request the deletion of their personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Right to Restrict Processing: Individuals can request the restriction of processing in certain circumstances, such as when the accuracy of personal data is contested.
- Right to Data Portability: Individuals can request their personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format for transfer to another controller.
- Right to Object: Individuals can object to the processing of their personal data, including for direct marketing purposes.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We process personal data under the following lawful bases:
- Contractual Necessity: Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- Legal Obligation: Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Consent: Processing is based on the data subject’s explicit consent.
Data Breach Notification
In the event of a data breach that is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, we will notify the relevant supervisory authority and affected data subjects as required by GDPR.
International Data Transfers
When transferring data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect the data, as required by GDPR.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing GDPR compliance. You can contact the DPO at [DPO contact details].
We may update this GDPR Policy as needed to ensure compliance with GDPR and to reflect changes in our data processing activities. We will notify individuals of any significant policy changes.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our GDPR compliance or how we handle personal data, please contact us at [contact email].
Effective Date: September 8, 2023
Thank you for entrusting us with your personal data. We are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with GDPR requirements.